Confidence In Your Beauty

I am a singer, song writer, producer, makeup artist, animator, illustrator, video editor, director, dress maker, designer, choreographer and choir director. There are other things I do, but these are the things I do well. The interesting thing is, I was only born with the ability to sing and draw.
There are things about you that you don't even know. Gifts and talents waiting to be discovered. Parts of your personality and character that haven't had a chance to shine through yet or been given the right scenario to bring them out. The problem is so many of us don't know or believe this. We think that we can somehow predict the future. 'This is all I/you are going to be, therefore I give up.' But to give up is to abort a destiny.

I remember singing in my room 'One Day I'll fly Away' aged 11 and crying so hard cos I meant it. I didn't want to be me anymore. Battling anorexia, bulimia and serious suicidal tendencies, I felt imprisoned by walls of flesh & bones- sinking in my own skin.
My young existence was being nurtured by lies- lies told by others and myself.

So many people are told something negative about themselves by others which they begin to believe. Words are seeds which can grow to do us harm or good. However, the thing I discovered is; it doesn't matter what others say about you, it matters what you say to yourself. Speaking those things that are not as though they were. 

My Confidence In Your Beauty videos tell my story, but most importantly, they speak of survival through hope. Hope given by my family (I was told I could be whatever I wanted to be) and by God. In my dreams I saw what I was going to be- somewhere in the back of my mind I knew that despite what I see now- life can get better, my situation will get better, I will get better.
Thank God for God who gives us a hope & a future!

Might I add that by the end of my high school years, I was still only aware that I could sing, draw, design dresses (and run surprisingly fast!). I didn't know that there is much more in all of us waiting to be discovered. You haven't seen the best of you yet!