Two summers ago my brother and his friends took a long bike ride along Brighton beach and stumbled upon this scenic setting. They were all completely captivated and animatedly told me about it.
I saw it all for the first time with my dad and brother. That day the sun shone intensely in the warm breeze, we marvelled at the feeling of being transported somewhere far away from England.
That was also the day after we heard that my sister might be pregnant. Life looked very different that day and a little uncertain but that moment brought a sense of hope... A beautiful moment in the most picturesque location.
I remember looking around, forcibly trying to absorb every detail of the setting; taking mental pictures in anticipation of a possible shoot.

Returning to that location a year later was just as I had hoped. The weather was unexpectedly hot as the sun shone brightly once more.
I always knew I would wear red for at least one of the looks and made the coat with this in mind.
I explained everything I wanted to my team just before shooting began.
I wanted the photos shot from below to emphasise both the vast grandeur of the scenery and the drama of my presence with my poses.
The final images were shot by my brother and two friends. They far exceeded my high expectations and I can't wait to share the rest of the photos with you!

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to subscribe for immediate post updates.

Be BOLD! xx





Photography by 
Mirriam Awah
Olivier Awah
& Jake Jon