One of my dreams is to visit Paris fashion week. It seems all my favourite designers are located there and it would be amazing to see all those beautiful garments in the flesh.

When Creative Director Anthony Vaccarello posted clips of the Saint Laurent show to his Instagram, I excitedly rushed over to the website to view the whole thing. To call it breathtaking was an understatement. I loved the theatrics of it all, it really did feel like a ‘show’! 

As usual, there was a strong 80’s influence in the silhouettes. 
The collection was everything you’d need for a full wardrobe and the show seemed to be divided into three sections. This was demonstrated in the transition from oversized statement coats with broad exaggerated shoulders, to the casual layered looks of leather and animal print. Topped with slanted hats; To the puffy one sleeved disco dresses at the end.

Which is why I chose to create the three representative mood boards.


The final part of the show was like a grand finale. The switch of the theme was introduced like a firework display, with flashing strobe lights and pulsing club music. The use of glow in the dark made the models disappear, giving the neon bright outfits a life of their own.
I’ve attempted to capture the feel of the show in my mood boards and while I do enjoy seeing images from shows or collections, I always think it's best to watch the video to get more of the sense of texture and way the lights hit the fabric; Something rather difficult to capture in still images.

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to subscribe for immediate post updates.

Be BOLD! xx