Balmain is one of those brands that always has me waiting with bated breath in anticipation of a new collection. There's a huge buzz every time Paris fashion week rolls around and last week was no exception. 


When I initially saw random images circulating social media, I was a little skeptical of what the rest of the collection had in store. It wasn't until I watched the entire show online, that I realised how fabulous the collection looked. Although I'm not in love with the frilly trousers I do think they are very creative and I'm interested to know how they will be translated by mainstream/ high street brands.










It was hard not to think of Kim Kardashian as the models strutted down the runway... and you would be forgiven in assuming most of the looks were inspired by her. However, in actuality Kim's new look has been sculpted by Balmain to the point where she has now become synonymous with the Balmain brand.

Balmain is always great at mixing textures. The emerald green embellishments against muted suede was a great example of this. The combination of brown with vibrant colours created an element that was very unusual and extremely beautiful. I also loved the use of multicultural models and how that theme carried through to the clothes in the various shades of nude tones.


Thanks for stopping by! New posts every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday!xx


Click the video below to watch the entire show