Drawing is one of those things that I really enjoy doing. I find it very therapeutic and anything I can do whilst watching a movie, is always a plus for me!
It's a skill I used to practice on a daily basis as a child. However, after my degree in animation (some many years ago), I had been put off of the very idea of drawing and my passion for it has only been revived in the last few years.
During my time away from art I think I started to feel a bit unsure about my skills. Almost as if I may have forgotten how to draw.

Whatever your natural ability levels are, drawing/ art is a skill which requires practice and for me I feel like there is so much more to learn.

In the past, my favourite medium was acrylic paint on MDF board. Now I use Photoshop- which is so ironic because I was hopeless with computers during my whole animation degree!

I like to begin with pencil on paper because it gives me that hands on, organic approach that I'm accustomed to. I then take it into photoshop, building up layers of tone and texture.
At the moment I don't have a drawing tablet so I use my laptop keypad for everything. I can't wait to use a stylus pen because I'm sure that will speed up the process immensely and make it much easier to control what I do.

People often ask how I produce my images so I thought I'd share some images with you to demonstrate my creative process with you.















Thanks for stopping by! New posts every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday!

BE BOLD!xx