A few months ago, I wrote a post (Only The Strong) speaking about 2017 and what a challenging year it's been for me already. However, recently I have begun to sense a positive shift in the air.

Just over a week ago, I had the chance to make a life- changing decision. I was so excited and even wrote a post about it. I almost hit the publish button but there was a slight hesitation and I decided to wait for everything to become finalised before sharing. The following days, I made all the final preparations but at the back of my mind, something just didn't feel right. Of course, that's easy to identify in hindsight, but at the time, I wasn't sure if it was my discernment or fear. Eventually, I made the difficult decision to turn the opportunity down and the uncertainty and fear of the future came flooding back. It was such a sad day and I kind of felt that it would be a long time before I would recover... I finally decided to leave it up to God and trust Him to take care of my future and my disappointment.

I don't know how, but the following day was a COMPLETELY different story. In fact, my yesterday felt like months ago! I have never had such a spontaneous, drastic emotional healing experience in my life. There was no trace of the effects of the day before!

I had to come to terms with the fact that as much as I feel in control of things none of us can guarantee what will happen even in the next 5 minutes, let alone our long- term future.
All we can do is work towards our plans and targets and witness the way those plans twist and turn into reality. 

I'm preparing for my first solo music gig in a very long time and I know it's the beginning of things changing. I feel like the opportunity I gave up, will lead to a better, destiny-driven opportunity. 

Thanks for stopping by! New posts every Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday!


Be BOLD! xx



Image from previous post, Evoking Sunsets...

Model, Gwyneth Sidney
Photography & Makeup by Me, BisaNation