Having studied art for most of my academic life, I have always found myself drawn to creative people.
University was the best time for me because I was associating with like-minded individuals. People who strove to think outside the box; push boundaries and create art. 
Intelligent people who had interesting points to make but knew how to relay them humorously, without pretension. 
We wanted to be exceptional in our own uniqueness... Our only competition: ourselves. We worked hard and we tried even harder! 

Graduation day, disguised itself as a ceremony of achievement. In actuality, it served as a very loud wake up call. I had been abruptly snatched from this artistic cocoon with no idea of what it would really mean to be confronted with "the real world".
Going into the work field, I was bombarded with attitudes which not only supported the mundane but quite frankly exalted it! Anyone who dreamed big was deemed unrealistic.

Years later, I created my little youtube bubble of BisaNation. It was my place to express myself and stamp my unique take on what everyone else was doing. However, I was confused by a small number of individuals' who held an absolute disdain for individuality and nonconformity.
In my makeup videos and especially fashion videos, I was deemed on many occasions as "doing the most" or quite simply: Trying too hard.

Unfortunately, a lot of people are drawn to what is accessible and easy to replicate. Well, I personally like to be inspired. I enjoy watching someone be who they are, knowing I can never compete with them and they can never compete with me. That's the awesomeness of human beings!

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to find it quite arrogant to expect an audience to take time out of their lives to listen or watch you, without making it worth their time. 
When someone "tries too hard", even if they're not quite pulling it off, they should be applauded for trying. 
It's not easy to celebrate your own uniqueness and go against the status quo. The first people bold enough to do so, usually go through a lot to pay that price. Yet they are the ones who set the standard and open doors for everyone else. 

The fact is, yes I do "try too hard"! Too hard for my own good because I always go beyond what is necessary with very little to show for it... Yes I am "doing the most"! I'm doing the absolute most I can because that's who I am! I love the exceptional! My mind remains in clouds far beyond where my eyes can see and I refuse to be mediocre to please anyone. 

Everyone we have ever admired or celebrated, refused to settle for average- so why should we? 
We are all born unique by the very definition of the word and should not shrink for anyone! 

Dare to dream, Be free, be unique! BE BOLD! xx



Images, Self portraits
Gloves, DIY 
Necklace, charity shop 

I hope you enjoyed this post. Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin for instant updates of new posts